10 Best Poems and Quotes to Make Mum Smile
This Sunday marks one of the most special holidays of the year: Mother’s Day. Whilst some of us find it easy to express what our mum means to us, sometimes it can be hard to come up with the right words, which truly describe our thoughts. Many of us will do it verbally, but some like to add a sweet message into a card or text instead. To help you out, below we have put together some fabulous, poignant and funny quotes that will certainly put a smile on her face.
1. “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.” – Maya Angelou
2. “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” – Princess Diana
3. “When your mother asks, ‘Do you want a piece of advice?’ It is a mere formality. It doesn’t matter if you answer yes or no. You’re going to get it anyway.” – Erma Bombeck
4. “My Mother: She is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her.” – Jodi Picoult
5. “If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?” – Milton Berle
6. Only One Mother – by George Cooper
Hundreds of stars in the pretty sky,
Hundreds of shells on the shore together,
Hundreds of birds that go singing by,
Hundreds of birds in the sunny weather.
Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn,
Hundreds of bees in the purple clover,
Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn,
But only one mother the wide world over.
7. What Mother Means – by Karl Fuchs
“Mother” is such a simple word,
But to me there’s meaning seldom heard.
For everything I am today,
My mother’s love showed me the way.
I’ll love my mother all my days,
For enriching my life in so many ways.
She set me straight and then set me free,
And that’s what the word “mother” means to me.
Thanks for being a wonderful mother, Mom!
8. “A mother is she who can take the place of all others, but whose place no one else can take.” – Cardinal Mermillod
9. “But behind all your stories is always your mother’s story, because hers is where yours begins.” – Mitch Albom
10. “Mothers are the rocks of our families and a foundation in our communities.” – Barack Obama
Don’t forget there are plenty of resources available on our website, providing you access to thousands of famous quotes and material. Just visit our downloads page on www.awen-libraries.com. Happy Mother’s Day!